About this open training course
The training course will cover the role and responsibilities of supply chain in the success of humanitarian program all along the project cycle. Indeed, supply chain management performance is a key success factor for the great majority of humanitarian projects. The training will focus on the technical and managerial side of the 3 main pillars of humanitarian supply chain which are procurement, stock and transport management.
By attending this open training course,
You will understand and apply appropriate approaches and tools to manage humanitarian supply chain, and more specifically, you will know how to:
- Identify the supply chain role and responsibilities along the project cycle
- Understand, use and adapt procurement tools and procedures
- Understand, use and adapt stock management tools
- Understand, use and adapt transportation management tools
Is this open training course for me?
Yes it is, if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You already work as a logistician and you want to improve your skills in supply chain management.
- You work in project management and you need to better understand supply chain management
- You are an aid worker and you wish to develop a career in logistics.
To have previous experience in humanitarian sector
Day 1: General introduction, role and responsibilities of the logistician in the supply chain, market analysis, supply planning
Day 2: Procurement planning, processes and tools
Day 3: Stock management
Day 4: Transport management
Day 5: Supply chain case study: procurement, stock and transport